Carolina True Street - 2014
1/8th mile Eliminator
Fiberglass/Carbon body panels are limited to hood, rear deck lid, fenders, doors, and bumpers. Cowl hoods may not be taller than half way point of the windshield. Forward facing scoops are prohibited on power adder combos unless factory installed or less than 5 inches from flat area of hood. Inlets for turbochargers and superchargers must not be exposed to ram air. Race car lettering limited to windows, side of cowl hoods, side of hood scoops, side of rear wings and front chin spoilers, to maintain street type appearance.
Aftermarket steering columns are allowed. Factory type dash accepted. Must have carpet.
Optical Devices are prohibited. All entries must have operational head lights and tail lights.
Aftermarket Blocks and Cylinder Heads are allowed. All entries must utilize a single carburetor cast intake manifold (see induction section below). Motor plates and solid mounts are allowed. Engine must be in stock location. Mufflers are required on all vehicles (except turbocharged combos). All SB power adder engines are limited to 440 cubic inches. SB N/A up to 480 cubic inch permitted with added 7 lbs. per cubic inch over 470 and BB N/A limited to 632 and BOP/BB Mopar power adder limited to 588. Any engine in question will be measured with a P&G gauge. A correction factor of 1.5% will be used. Competitors may be asked to remove a cylinder head for bore and stroke measurements should any discrepancies arise.
BB NOS HEADS are conventional style only with factory valve angles and factory style aluminum intake manifolds.
Allowed BBF heads : CJ, P-51, SCJ
BBC :no Head Hunters, no Profilers, no Big Duke & no Big Chief style. all Heads must be of a factory degree and valve angle. Bowtie style, Dart, etc. are allowed
Small blocks, Mopar -BOP, and BB N/A combinations may use a "Commercially available/mass produced 4150 or 4500 series cast intake only" - includes Holley LS EFI ram intake. Small Block N/A may use cast tunnel ram/sheetmetal/dual carbs w/weight penalty (See*below) Mod motor permitted aftermarket ram or billet intake w/ additional weight. (See*below)
Nitrous limited to SB and BOP/Mopar and BB”s under 560 cubic inch entries - Progressive nitrous controllers are allowed. Entries must utilize a single stage nitrous plate with one nitrous, one fuel and one redundant purge solenoid. Cross bar plate on BB Mopar and BB under 560 (BOP permitted #6 from bottle to solenoid) entry limited to #4 single line from #4 bottle nut to #4 fitting @ solenoid. BB Mopar/BOP entry permitted single stage, single bar plate with #6 single line from bottle to solenoid. Foggers permitted on SB 23 degree only .
SB with Fogger limited to .040 Jet
BB under 560 Cubic inch limited to .100 or 2x .072 Jets
Turbocharged (mid frame turbo only see list below) and supercharged (must be unmodified from manufacturer) entries are limited to stock valve angle SB combos only. (SB CHEVY 23 DEGREE - SB FORD 20 DEGREE – 18 DEGREE MOPAR - FACTORY HEADED SMALL BLOCK FORD MOD MOTOR - LS CHEVY 15 DEGREE)
** NOTE: SB Chevy 23 degree Raised Runner – SB Ford 20 degree (SR20 –FT1 or T1RI or equivalent) not permitted with boosted combo
Any OEM style automatic or OEM manual transmission is allowed with power adder. Clutch assisted/clutchless manual transmission allowed on N/A. Manual transmissions must utilize SFI approved bell housing.
Stock type rear suspension or ladder bar only. Coil over shocks are allowed. Anti-roll allowed. Aftermarket replacement control arms are allowed. Stock frame rails must be in factory location, notching permitted. Corvette permitted any type of transverse leaf spring rear suspension. Wheelie bars are prohibited on all cars. Late model GTO permitted torque arm or ladder bar w/ additional weight (see below)
Factory type front suspension only. Coil over shocks are allowed. Aftermarket replacement control arms are allowed. Aftermarket K-Members/Commercially available sub-Frames allowed. (Must have prior approval from tech) Strut towers must be in factory location with complete factory sheet metal attaching factory frame rail to top of strut tower.
A maximum of a 28 x 10.5 non W slick (N/A small block only), 28 x 12.50 ET Street or any 275 radial may be used on N/A, power adders limited to a P275/60-15 Mickey Thompson Tire P/N 3754R radial tire. Wheel width is limited to 12"
Effective July 10th,2014 – M/T PN 3754X Pro Tire allowed – must add 100 lbs. to run this tire.
AMC - 3100
Base NOS SB weight – 3200
Mopar BB conventional B1 head/BOP combo - 3350
Any canted valve head - 3250
All heads 15 degrees and above carry no additional weight
Any non-raised runner 23 degree combo – 3050
Any raised runner 23 degree combo - 3150
Blue Thunder Cylinder Heads 4.3 - 3250 and 3.6 - 3175
C3/C302B/C302/Yates style -3100
Any 20 degree ford – 3100
Any 20 degree high port SR20 –FT1 or T1RI or equivalent - 3150
TFS-R Ford – 3050
BB under 560 = 3200
SUPERCHARGER WEIGHTS: F1A - 3150
F1C – 3200
YSI – 3200
4.0L - NHRA SS COPO - 3350 (must have run NHRA SS to be legal)
T-76 - 3150
T-80 - 3250
N/A Inline head – 2650
N/A Non-Inline head – 2750
N/A Buick/Olds/Pontiac - 2975
N/A (big block with 9.8 standard deck height and conventional head) 3000 lbs.
N/A (big block Ford with standard deck height and conventional head) 3000 lbs. over 589 add 100 lbs.
N/A (big block with tall deck height and conventional head) 3050 lbs. over 589 add 100 lbs.
N/A (big block with 9.8 standard height and big chief head) 3100 lbs.
N/A (big block with tall deck height and big chief head) 3125 lbs. over 589 add 100lbs.
N/A (big block Ford with standard deck height and non conventional head) 3125 lbs. over 589 add 100 lbs.
- No Billet cylinder heads/blocks
- No Billet wheels on 80mm turbo combo (add 50lbs for 76 w/billet wheel)
- No Reducers on turbo or supercharged combo
- Alcohol/E85 legal (meth injection legal on non-intercooled combo only)
- All turbochargers (mid frame GT47 or S400 chassis only) must be as manufactured from factory (GT47-76/S400/GT47-80/S480 w/cast wheel - GT47/S400-76 w/billet wheel)
- Cast compressor inducer cannot exceed 80.7 mm and the compressor exducer cannot exceed 116 mm
- 80.7/76.5 mm compressor wheels must be "as-cast" (billet permitted on 76 mm with weight penalty)
- Turbine wheel must not exceed 96.2 mm x 88.3 mm
- All turbochargers will have the compressor cover removed for tech inspection
- No muffler required on turbo entry, required on all other combos
- No bull horns - front exit exhaust permitted but must not effect timing equipment
- Gear driven supercharger allowed
- Belt driven supercharger deduct 50 lbs
- Boosted Gen III Hemi SBM add 50 lbs
- Non Intercooled boosted combos deduct 50 lbs (no deduct if on Alcohol for fuel)
- Leaf springs deduct 50 lbs.
- Late model GTO permitted ladder bar or torque arm add 50 lbs
- Cast Tunnel Ram/Sheetmetal/Dual Carbs on SB N/A add 50 lbs
- Ram style or billet intake on mod motor permitted add 50 lbs
- Single 4150 carb/throttle body deduct 50lbs (N/A or NOS only)
- N/A may deduct 100 lbs if using M/T 3754R tire
- V6 - I4 - I6 entries deduct 200 lbs.
- 8.2 deck nitrous combo deduct 100 lbs.
- Single bar plate deduct 50 lbs.
- Water injection permitted add 25 lbs. (NOS only)
- any NITROUS SMALL BLOCK COMBO 441 to 465 ci add 75 lbs. Blown/BOOSTED combos NOT permitted over 440 ci (applicable to events outside of Cecil County Dragway to allow cross over into Ultimate)
- FUEL – Pump Gas, E85, Q16, C12/16/23/45 and NOS or equivalent Race Fuel allowed. Alcohol permitted.
Carolina Heads-up Racing Association reserves the right to adjust or ban particular combos that don’t meet the spirit of the class.
For more info, please contact Junior Hampton @ 704-302-7991
We can also be found on Facebook - TRUE STREET 275 or CAROLINA HEADS-UP RACING ASSOCIATION
1. 400 Pro Tree Heads Up Racing
2. Engine: (SINGLE POWER ADDER ONLY)
A. Naturally Aspirated
Small Block No minimum weight
Big Block No Minimum Weight
B. Nitrous Oxide:
Small Block 2250 lbs
Big Block 4.840 & 4.900 Bore Center 2450 lbs (deduct 100lbs for less than 550ci)
Big Block 5.00 Bore Center 2550 lbs
Big Block 5.20 & 5.30 Bore Center 2650 lbs
C. Turbo Charged and Super Charged
Single SB 2500 lbs Big Block 2700
Twin Turbo 94mm SB 2700lbs BB 3050lbs (subject to additional weight based on performance)
Twin Turbo 91mm SB 2650lbs BB 3000lbs
Twin Turbo 88mm SB 2550lbs BB 2900lbs. BB Smaller Than 88 2450 lbs. SB 2300 LBS
Conventional heads deduct 100lbs
Turbocharged stock bore space BB less then 550ci deduct 100lbs
Centrifugal Superchargers SB 2500 lbs, BB 2700 lbs(deduct 100lbs for stock bore space BB less than 550ci)
Twin Centrifugal Superchargers SB 2700 lbs, BB 3000 lbs(deduct 100lbs for stock bore space BB less than 550ci)
Roots Supercharger SB 2500 lbs, BB 2700 lbs
Screw superchargers max overdrive 121% "C" rotor 3000 lbs, 125% "D"rotor 2900lbs(MAXIMUM ENGINE SIZE 540ci)
4 & 6 cylinder & V-8 less than 349 CID alcohol & intercooler permitted No minimum weight
Maximum engine size on all turbo charged engines 670ci
Any turbo or supercharged combination utilizing a block larger than 5" bore spacing add 100lbs.
Maximum turbo size of 94mm on all twin turbo combinations
3. ALL cars must have mufflers - inserts are NOT considered mufflers, turbo charged cars DO NOT NEED mufflers. No Zoomies Allowed.
4. Back Half Type Cars Only, Front Frame to be original O.E.M. type & must extend 4" forward of front spindle.(stock like front frame rails mandatory) /
Tube Chassis cars allowed but must be stock appearing.NO Pro Mod Bodied Cars. Tube cars with Power Adders add 100 lbs to Weights.
Direct bolt in aftermarket parts permitted. Factory front frame must be connected to K-member or lower suspension component by welding or bolting.
Double round tube frame rails from firewall forward prohibited. If utilizing a 1990 or older FACTORY A-ARMS deduct 50lbs from weights above.
5. Must be Street appearing, must have stock appearing dash and working lights, one piece fiberglass front ends permitted.
One piece front ends permitted but must retain stock appearance and must have working lights. No panel cars.
6. Alcohol on NON intercooled cars only. Nitromethane PROHIBITED.
7. Pro Ladder
8. Minimum ground clearance of 3" from the front of the nose to 12" behind centerline of the front axle.
9. Towing will be allowed, you must stop at scales, time slips can be picked up at scales.
10. Deep staging allowed, but track will not wait for a racer to get deep staged. When both pre-staged are activated,
either side stage light will start a 7-second stage count. Failure to activate stage bulb within 7 seconds will result in disqualification/timeout.
Disqualification will be based on a first or worse situation. Rules on controversial situations will be final at the discretion of the race director.
11. Head & Neck Restraint - MANDATORY
12. Lower engine containment device (Diaper) - MANDATORY
13. Maximum front overhang 45" From centerline of front spindle.
14. No car will be allowed to go faster than the chassis is certified for by NHRA.
15. Maximum tire size 33x10.5
16. Wheelbase must be within 2" of factory dimensions. Maximum front end stagger is 2". Wheelbase will be measured from centerline of front spindle to
centerline of rear axle. Any vehicle not in conformance with wheelbase rules will be assessed a 100lb weight penalty.
17. Firewall must be within 2" of stock location. Firewall will be measured from the centerline of the front spindle to the farthest point away on the firewall.
Both sides will be measured and the average of the two sides will be the official measurement. Engine must remain in front of firewall. Firewall can not
be modified for engine placement. Any vehicle not in conformance with the firewall rules will be assessed a 100lb weight penalty.
18. Air bottles on N/A, Supercharged and Turbocharged entries are to be filled with CO2 only. The use of nitrous oxide in place of CO2 is PROHIBITED.
19. All fuels are to be unmodified fuel as produced by manufacturer and must be commercially available. The use of fuel additives to enhance performance
is PROHIBITED. ALL entries are subject to random fuel check at any time.
20. The use of specially produced "one off" parts that are not commercially available and are deemed to have a performance advantage is PROHIBITED.
This includes but is not limited to blowers, turbos, torque convertors, nitrous systems etc.